Research Fellow, Visiting Scholar
Dyers Brae 7
tel. 01334 463370
My research aims to better understand (1) the relative importance of premating and postmating isolation to the speciation process, and (2) their modulation by the social environment. This work is in collaboration with Mike Ritchie and Nathan Bailey, and I am funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation.
Previously, I did my PhD on a flatworm, aiming to illuminate sexual selection theories with the worms’ fluorescent sperm. This work was conducted under the supervision of Lukas Schärer, at the University of Basel, Switzerland.
google scholar webpage
research gate profile
7. Marie-Orleach L., Vogt-Burri N., Mouginot P., Schlatter A., Vizoso D.B., Bailey N.W. and Schärer L. 2017 Indirect genetic effects and sexual conflicts: partner genotype influences multiple morphological and behavioral reproductive traits in a flatworm. Evolution 71: 1232-1245.
6. Marie-Orleach L., Janicke T., Vizoso D.B., David P. and Schärer L. 2016. Quantifying episodes of sexual selection: insights from a transparent worm with fluorescent sperm. Evolution 70: 314-328.
5. Marie-Orleach L., Janicke T., Vizoso D.B., Eichmann M. and Schärer L. 2014. Fluorescent sperm in a transparent worm: validation of a GFP marker to study sexual selection. BMC Evolutionary Biology 14:148. # Highlighted in editor's picks #
4. Marie-Orleach L., Roussel J.M., Bugeon J., Tremblay J., Ombredane D. and Evanno G., 2014. The coloration of Atlantic salmon sneaker males is linked to the viability and emergence timing of their offspring. Biological Journal of the Linnean Society 111: 126-135.
3. Janicke T., Marie-Orleach L., De Mulder K., Berezikov E., Ladurner P., Vizoso D.B. and Schärer L., 2013. Sex allocation adjustment to local sperm competition in a simultaneous hermaphrodite. Evolution 67: 3233-3242.
2. Marie-Orleach L., Janicke T. and Schärer L., 2013. Effects of mating history on copulatory and post-copulatory behaviour in a simultaneous hermaphrodite. Animal Behaviour 85: 453-461.
1. Mander L., Marie-Orleach L. and Elliott M., 2013. The value of wader foraging behaviour study to assess the success of restored intertidal areas. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science 131: 1-5.